I don’t know about you but January can be a long , dreary month and the need to escape the house can be huge ( especially when you have small kids under your feet that you need to tire out ! ). The only problem with leaving the house is that you have to spend money … or is just only me ! So for the month of January I vow to try and do as many free things with the kids every weekend as possible , plus the need for fresh air is pretty huge now ! I have hunted out some nice free days out below that might give you some inspiration !
- Doneraile Park – This is obviously our favourite place and we go there quite a lot , there is loads of wide open space for the kids to run free , a fab playground and if you are brave enough in January some great spots for a picnic ! Best of all it is free !!
- On the 14th of January the national museum are holding a creative workshop inspired by Turner . See http://www.nationalgallery.ie/drop-family-session-tearing-through-nature
- If you have some fairy lovers in your house then getting out to explore a fairy trail is a great way to get fresh air and have fun ! There are many to explore throughout Ireland one that is completely free and is in a beautiful setting is the fairy trail in Castleconnel, Co .Limerick !
- Mungret park and playround-This is an all inclusive playground that has some of the best equipment we have seen! There is also a 2KM walk and a cycle way ! Well worth a visit !
- For those with older kids geocaching is a great way to get out and have some quality family time – It is basically a treasure hunt using an app on your phone ! See https://www.geocaching.com/play for more details !!
I hope you find this useful 🙂 I would love to hear anyh free family days out you have tried !