We are huge lovers of Indian food in this house , even the kids love the flavour of the spices ! I won’t lie , I always adapt recipes to suit ourselves either time wise or to suit what we have in the fridge / press ! Life would be very boring if we all followed the same thing 😉 I think that is why I love to cook so much , you can add , remove and play around with recipes to make them your own .
*Click on picture if you would like to download a free printable copy if this recipe *
- Chicken Breasts ( Diced ) €2.50
- Tin Tomatoes .49c
- Garlic .09c
- Fresh Coriander .10c
- 1 tsp Garam Masala .09c
- 1 tsp Cumin .09c
- 1/2 tsp of Chilli Flakes .09c
- Ginger ( either fresh or ground ) .10c
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika .09c
- 1/2 Carton of Natural low fat yoghurt .30c
- 1 white onion .19c
- 1/2 red pepper .22c
- Mushrooms .19c
- Marinade Chicken for 1-2 hours in a bowl with the dried spices and natural yoghurt
- Fry off onions , peppers , mushrooms and garlic in a frying pan until onions are translucent
- Add marinaded Chicken to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Add tinned tomatoes and stir throughly
- Simmer for 20 minutes on a medium heat – Add some water to loosen if required .
- Serve with Boiled rice and fresh Coriander
You can use a Tikka Masala powder if you do not have all of the various spices , I just like to mix and match to our tastes and it is really cheap to stock up on spices and they last for ages ! This cost €4.39 for 4 adult portions and 2 kids portions – this can be frozen and kept for a day you are too busy ! I would not recommend that you freeze the rice .